The Enneagram and NLP – Anne Linden and Murray Spalding
Here, for the first time, the Enneagram personality typing system is integrated with the powerful transformational techniques of Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) to form a methodology for therapy and a systematic approach for personal evolution. The authors, both therapists, have successfully integrated Enneagram theory with NLP patterns, so that once your Enneagram type is defined, you can learn and practice type-specific changework.
Step-by-step guidelines for an array of therapeutic interventions are given, including:
- changing limiting beliefs and expectations
- transforming phobic responses
- reframing the meaning of experience
- building Time Lines to achieve goals
- recognizing sensory representational systems and visual cues
- creating a safe, nonjudgemental environment
Enneagram therapists and NLP practitioners alike will discover valuable strategies for changework with their clients—students in both fields will gain better insight into each model—and those pursuing self-knowledge will find this book an enlightening guide on their journey.